Son, work, friends, family and dating....how to balance it all?

hey girls :)
need some advice, im a single mom that is very close with my friends and family. i have an 18 month old little boy. im currently working full time while he goes to daycare, and also just started met this great guy. in october ill be starting school, cutting back my hours at work which im very excited about......but worried that i wont be able to give everything and everyone my 100% :(

aydys_mamma

Asked by aydys_mamma at 12:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• !st things 1st
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I agree...I had to totally prioritize, and I was in school full time as well. My kids came first, always. Then school, then work, then family, and last dating. Sometimes you can blend a couple together, like schedule a date with your fella at a family game night, study with your guy and little man, that sort of thing. If your guy is worth keeping, he is going to understand that sometimes he has to take a back seat when your son needs you first, but the amazing ones not only "get" it, they roll up their sleeves and pitch in too. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it, and realize that sometimes, the dishes will just have to go undone. You are not Super Woman, and you cannot give 100% to everything. You only get 100% to give total!
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• aw thank you teri :) yea hands down my son is my world and is most definatly first in any situation! :) thats why i am doing this is to make a better life for him and us, i planned on cutting back my hours at work so i can go to school (which is at night) and parent him during the day, do you think thats a smart move, just having a hard time think ing about working all day, then going to school from 6-10 and not getting the chance to spend time with my little man. totally agree with what you said about the possible new guy, guess this will be a good test!
    aydys_mamma

Comment by aydys_mamma (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• You won't be able to give everyone your 100 percent. However you balance it, make sure you take time for YOU to relax and recharge. If you get burned out everything will fall apart. Try to take an hour a week to do something completely selfish for yourself. Good luck momma.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• just have to learn how to balance everything
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Thanks mammas for the advice I'll keep you posted to let you know how it all goes :)
    aydys_mamma

Comment by aydys_mamma (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2011