Pregnancy help adult content

So I'm 19 weeks and I'm having constipation issues. I find myself pushing so hard to get it out and idk if it hurts the baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It doesn't hurt the baby, but it sure is rough on you mama, and can make you more prone to hemorrhoids! Be sure to check with your doctor or midwife, but I was advised to start having a bowl of raisin bran every morning, increase fresh fruit, and drink more water. Those are all diet changes that will help increase your fiber intake so it's easier to get things going. The more you focus on the problem, the harder it is to resolve it, so just try to up the fiber and hopefully things will "come out" all right!
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 1:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• It doesnt.. Dont worry.
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 1:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Try taking stool softners. U can get them over the counter. Ask your ob
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 1:33 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Don't take anything without discussing it with your OB!! But you can take some things while pregnant. Try to add more natural fiber to your diet and start drinking a lot more water. Pushing like that can cause anal bleeding, not dangerous for the baby, but can become extremely painful for you.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 5:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I am 28 weeks but when i was 19 weeks i was in the same situation... my mother in law told me to eat activia every morning... that helps alot.... and it taste really good....
    mommymtz

Answer by mommymtz at 8:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2011