Would you move and leave your family so your husband could be near his family?

My husbands family live in a different state and he wants us to move so he can be near them. I was just wondering what other people would do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• I did it. It worked out pretty good, because my family is very needy, especially my mom. As long as I was around she couldn't do anything for herself, but now that I'm 6 hours away she has no problem doing for herself. That was a big issue for my husband, having my mom call me to come sweep her house or if we were at house to stop doing whatever I was doing whether it was with my kids or my husband to get her a glass of ice water.
    Anonymous

• I think it all really depends on the situation. It worked out for the first mom, but for me, I would never do it. We see and talk to my family on a regualar basis. He rarely speaks to his family. So no way would I do it and no way would he ask. I would move to a different state if he got a job there, but not because of his family.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 7:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I did about six years ago. It really worked out well for us. I love being so close to his family...i adore them. My family isn't so close.
    Denise859

Answer by Denise859 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• We live near my husband's family, not mine. It's ok with me because there are more career opportunities here and it is a cheaper place to raise a family. My family is very needy and even though I miss them, I recognize that this is the best thing for us right now. Sometimes his family irritates me and I miss my own, but I hope we can live near mine at some point.
    Anonymous