Leg cramps help

I have had leg cramps since week 17 and they are here all the time when i sit with my legs stretched or when i stand. How do you keep them from hurting so bad and what can you do to prevent them? also how come when you sit for a period of time your butt gets sore like when you sit for like 6 hours but hurts after about an hour or so

Katiebears89

Asked by Katiebears89 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• eat bananas! seriously it should help. a lack of potassium causes muscle cramps.
    Anonymous

• Anon, has the right idea. Also, make sure you are getting plenty of calcium, not dairy, b/c dairy inhibits the body from absorbing much needed iron, but calcium is essential to being healthy, esp. when you are preg. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I am not sure about preventing them, except try what the previous posters said, but once they come on, eat a spoonful of mustard. I am not sure why, but it helps stop them a lot! I used to get them all the time, and my high school soccer coach suggested that once. He used to keep packages of mustard on the sidelines for us to eat if we got cramps :)
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2008