How do you deal with a mil thats not really one?

doloriaw

Asked by doloriaw at 1:50 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• What do you mean?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I second that question...more info!
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My husbands step mom thinks that she is the ruler of all and the only thing she rules in life is being the biggest laziest bitch to walk the planet!!! We've had our issues above n beyond but what can you really say to her when her own mom cant stand to be around her and my FIL's side wont have anything to do with any of them. I moved away thats what I did, along with telling her to her face that I cant stand to be around her because she like attention and drama 24/7 no thank you!! You think by the time youre 40 youd grow up (as you can probably see she pisses me off)  GL

dedicatedmama2

Answer by dedicatedmama2 at 1:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• me and my bf lived together til i couldn't take his mom's "i know everything-you don't attitude". he says i should try to talk with her and tell her how i feel about the butting in but i've tried that to no avail! last time i tried it she said her peace and then told me the conversation was over!!! i don't want to cuss this woman out but it's getting to that point. she makes you wanna say f him and his moma
    doloriaw

Comment by doloriaw (original poster) at 2:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• What is your husband's oppinion and relationship with his step mom? It seems to me that that's the only one that counts. You love your DH and don't want to create a rift between him and you. If he is close to his step-mom, then you need to try to find a way to tolerate her. If he could care less, then you can avoid her.

Dealing with difficult people is challenging, but unfortunately, there is always another difficult person just around the corner. Even if you eliminate your MIL from your life, someone worse could come along next.

You don't have to let D. P. (Difficult people) hurt your feelings. You can be polite and respectful, because you can be the bigger person. You can act more like the adult in that relationship. Set some ground rules, discussing them with your DH. Things like, "You will not swear at me in my home". Then enforce them. If she's obnoxious, she will be asked to leave. Post the rules, & mail her a copy.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 2:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I am over 40..........

If it does not work now.

It is not going to, honey ♥♥♥♥

Just telling ya, like it is ♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 2:48 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• your idea would work but we're not married and it's already too late about the don't let her cause a rift! he lives with her now cause her health is so bad that she needs him there just in cause. but for someone how's on death door, she is the most out weed smokingness, partying person i know and she cant be argued with because it might cause her to have a heart attack(b.s.)
    doloriaw

Comment by doloriaw (original poster) at 2:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• @loreleiSieja
    i am too and i know thats why he's there and i'm here
    doloriaw

Comment by doloriaw (original poster) at 2:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Write her a letter. If that doesn't work I would avoid her. See your boyfriend away from his home. She sounds like a nightmare. My sympathy is with you.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• thanks for the sympathy i need it
    doloriaw

Comment by doloriaw (original poster) at 3:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2011