How do you tell a friend that sometimes they make you uncomfortable without hurting their feeling?

doloriaw

Asked by doloriaw at 1:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I usally state whatever it is that i dont like and try to explain why.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• tried that didn't work so i stopped hanging around them
    doloriaw

Comment by doloriaw (original poster) at 2:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• try writing a letter to get your wording worked out before you talk to them you don't have to send the letter but it will help pull words together so you don't end up with foot in mouth syndrome and loose your friend.
    you can even send the letter not by text or email though that's too impersonal.
    just be nice about it but up front too your friend may want to try and fix what's making you uncomfortable if you know what it is that makes you uncomfortable about your friend. they will appreciate your honesty. I know if I had a friend that I made uncomfortable I would want to know so I could fix what's bugging them.
    amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 3:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Just tell them the truth. You cannot control the outcome of their feelings. All you can do is very calmly and gently (not in anger or frustration) tell them how you feel. The way they react is solely up to them or you can try writing a letter to get your wording worked out before you talk to them you don't have to send the letter but it will help pull words together so you don't end up with foot in mouth syndrome and loose your friend.

You can even send the letter or deliver it by hand but not by text or email though that's too impersonal. Just be nice about it but up front too your friend may want to try and fix what's making you uncomfortable if you know what it is that makes you uncomfortable about your friend. they will appreciate your honesty. I know if I had a friend that I made uncomfortable I would want to know so I could fix what's bugging them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2011