Anyone other moms with Psoriatic Arthritis? and Dealing with kids?

Wonder if there is anyone else here with Psoriatic Arthritis? If so, have you found adequate treatment?

Also how do you handle the duties of having kids, especially a young child(my son is 3 1/2)? Any tips on dealing with this and still trying to be active enough to give children attention and play time? I have a very active little boy so I'm looking for some tips, as my mobility is down as well as my energy(big time)

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 1:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Health

• Felt bad that nobody has been answering your question! I have MS and 3 back surgeries with Arthritis - I have chronic pain & extreme fatigue! Do you have a SO living at home? I am very limited in being able to play w/ my kids too, I send him to DayCamp, etc. (but, he's 9) When we're together we do puzzles and I read to him!
    Generally, the treatment of arthritis in psoriatic arthritis involves a combination of anti-inflammatory medications and exercise. If progressive inflammation and joint destruction occur despite NSAIDs treatment, more potent meds such as Embril, corticosteroids, and antimalarial meds help. Exercise programs can be done at home or with a physical therapist!
    You should join the group on here called: MOMS WITH CHRONIC (conditions/pain) REALLY HELPFUL GROUP!!! :o)
    Good luck to you ... will share more in the future (add me as a friend here if you'd like)! Be strong - try to stay positive!!!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• P S ... I gave you a bump and also wanted to let you know that my doctors have put me on "Ritalin LA" for chronic fatigue. I know most people think it's just an ADD medication ...but it really helps with those who suffer from chronic fatigue as well! Ask your doc. about it, it may help?!!! :o) Take care!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• OH thank isis.. Im on enbrel right now and I also been on some of the other TNF blockers..but nothing is helping so far. I will deffinately ask about the Ritalin, and check into the group.
    tntmom1027

Comment by tntmom1027 (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• I admire your strength for being able to take care of your babies despite the pain you are experiencing from psoriasis arthritis which mainly cause joint paints. It is best that you have to consult your doctor with your condition because if left untreated it may lead to total disability. See also DePuy Pinnacle Recall

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 12:12 PM on Feb. 27, 2012