Does anyone have any good dessert recipes?

I want to surprise my husband with something new. But something simple at the same time please. Thanks I greatly appreciate it.

LARRYSWiiFE

Asked by LARRYSWiiFE at 4:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Food & Drink

• This is pretty good. If he likes Rhubarb. It's kind of sweet and tangy.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/go-anywhere-rhubarb-squares/detail.aspx
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 4:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I have lots...Message me and tell me what ya'll like and I'll see what I have.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 5:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Take a box of cake mix---spice or chocolate are the best choices---mix a can --15 oz---of solid pumpkin---mix together---but in cupcake papers---makes wonderful moist muffins---bake at 350 for about 18 minutes-----you can add raisins to the spice or choc. chips to the chocolate ones---even peanut butter chips would be yummy----low fat and low calorie but you would never guess it---and it gets a veggie into the mix, too.
    lecates

Answer by lecates at 5:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• my favorite which is eazy if you like oatmeal.. take about 5 or 6 oatmeal cookies with some vanilla icecream blend it with a1/4 of milk make sure its as thik or smooth as you like and bam! there is your oatmeal milk shake..
    MissCheare

Answer by MissCheare at 6:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• check out food.com---they have so many good ideas!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:48 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Hehee - Better Than Sex Cake!

Bake a German Chocolate cake (I use a box mix) according to the directions. While it's still pretty warm, poke it full of holes and pour a can of sweetened condensed milk over it. Let it sit about 10 minutes to soak in, then pour on some caramel ice cream topping - about 8oz. You can also mix the milk & caramel and pour it all on at once. Cover and refrigerate. Once it's cold, spread on a tub of Cool Whip. You can top with drizzles of chocolate syrup and/or caramel topping, or crushed Butterfinger candy bar, or Heath bits, or mini chocolate chips. Keep refrigerated, and it tastes best 2-4 days after making it. I use a butterscotch-caramel topping & extra creamy cool whip. Other chocolate cakes do NOT taste right - it has to be German chocolate!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Poke cake- Pick his favorite kind of box cake and his favorite flavor of jello. Bake the cake and let it cool. Poke holes in the cake BUT NOT ALL THE WAY THROUGH. Then pour warm jello liquid over the top. Refridgerate for 4 hours. Let it come to almost room temp. So it will slide out of pan. You can keep it in the pan if you like. The top with cool whip and serve or refridgerate until ready to serve. My favorite flavor combos are Choclate cake with strawberry jello. I put the whip topping on then shave dark chocolate all over and top with strawberries. DS like the Cherry and yellow cake and DH loves Lemon lime mix. I sometimes put Sour Skittles on top of his ( which are his favorite.)
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 8:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2011