Anyone had a possible amniotic band?

Went to the ultrasound today at 12 weeks and tech said she thought that there may possibly be an amniotic band, it is not near baby. My OB doesnt think that is what it is. Im scared and am hoping someone can give me advice. They are not doing a level II ultrasound for a week.

Locksley22

Asked by Locksley22 at 5:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes doctors are wrong and they dont know what god has in store trust in believe they told me my son might come out slow.. and he is very healthy just pray have faith
    MissCheare

Answer by MissCheare at 8:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• ill be praying for you I know they can cause massive problems but dont listen to ANYTHING till you know for sure!
    leandrat

Answer by leandrat at 10:45 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I am just so scared, I cant sleep and just feel sick. I dont know how a dr can tell you not to worry when they are talking about your child.
    Locksley22

Comment by Locksley22 (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My SIL had amniotic bands. The last week of her pregnancy they wrapped around the baby's fingers and toes. They cut off circulation and severed some of the fingers. He's had several surgeries since he was born. She was not told she had the amniotic bands so it was definately a shock when he was born. Since they already know you have the bands, im sure they will be able to keep an eye on everything and it will be ok. Its a good thing they found it now. Good luck to you.
    boyzx4

Answer by boyzx4 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Well after having level II ultrasound there are no amniotic bands turns out it was just the wall of the amniotic sack that hasnt fused to the other and wont until 16 weeks. Which Dr said is completely normal. Got to see baby dance around and look at little hands and feet it was amazing.
    Locksley22

Comment by Locksley22 (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2011