Why are kids now or days so disrespectful?

I was sitting out side and I seen this kid that could not have been no older then about 8 years old.. saying every bad word you can think of talking to another little girl it made me feel like what in the world is going on why are kinds so disrespectful..?

MissCheare

Asked by MissCheare at 6:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Because parents so too lazy to discipline them these days, & because they took paddling out of schools, and because if a parent is caught on tape in public spanking a child, they call it child abuse. Parents just let kids go & do as they want these days. and most parents do not take their kids to church & try to raise them like they should.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I don't think that kids today are any worse. Adults have been saying this about kids since Socrates!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 7:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• lol so true
    MissCheare

Comment by MissCheare (original poster) at 7:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• you really dont have to take the kids to church to raise them right. but i do completley agree with the spanking thing. parents are too scared these days to spank their kids. and so kids think they can get away with anything, which they are right if they have a parent that wont pop them for being i
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 8:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Because parents will not discipline their children when they are young, they think it's cute to hear them back talk or sass adults when they are 2 and that has laid the groundwork for disrespect when they are older. Discipline and teaching starts from birth, not at 5. My kids have rarely had spankings, because they have not been necessary, they were taught from the start what is and what is not acceptable. Kids do things now a days that would have had me unable to sit for weeks at a time if I had tried them.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:37 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Not all children today are disrespectful. Only those whose parents aren't parenting are.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:16 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• – collapse
    it could be that alot of kids are bing raised by daycare, that parents are only involved at night when the kids are a sleep.
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 10:33 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• The world is no worse today than it was 50 years agot actually much better. My son isn't disrespectful and none of the kids I know are either. Might just be where you live and who you are a around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• This isn't about kids today or the parents who are raising them. Children have always used forbiden words in play with friends. It is normal and even very healthy. Crime is lower than what it has been in several decades. We would not know that if all we watch is CNN, FOX, and Nancy Grace. Ratings depend on a Henny Penny The Sky is Falling approach to capture viewers. What is different, and very unhealthy, is the social media addiction to things like Twitter, FB, texting, and cell phones. All tools most moms on this site most likely use in addition to message boards. The real question is what are you doing to contribute to making a more positive modeling experience of how to put down that technology and demonstrate life with out.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:45 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• You can't lump all kids into one category. Two days ago I took my kids to the grocery store. We were walking through the frozen foods section and this family came through with four kids, just flying around screaming their heads off. My 9 year old watched them for a while and then whispered to me "What do you think is WRONG with those children?!" It struck me so funny because he said it like an 80 year old lady. My kids wouldn't even think of acting like that in public. I have seen plenty of brats, but also lots of sweet, well behaved children.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2011