Is this wrong?

We were grocery shopping last night the cashier that waited on us was very very rude and obnoxious(even my husband commented on her attitude)--the way she responded to us and also my husband went to put the groceries that were bagged into our cart and she literally yanked them out of his hands and put them in the cart; moving the other bags around roughly and she had made a couple comments also; so I complained to the manager.

Should I have not said anything or did I do the right thing?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Shopping

• I think you were in the right. Even if she was having a bad day, that does not mean that she should treat other people that way, especially not while at work.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would of told her about herself to her face then complained to the manager, we had a girl like that at ours couldnt stand the little nit.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:14 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Complaining to the manager was the appropriate thing to do. You don't need to have an altercation with the cashier.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• You did the right thing. There is no reason for a cashier to be rude to a customer unless, of course, the customer is impolite to the employee. My son manages The DollarTree in Niagara Falls, NY and I can't tell enough how rude the customers are in his store.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• You weren't wrong at all, but I would have asked the cashier if everything was all right with her. You never know when a person really needs someone to notice that there's something wrong and reach out. But that's a personal choice of mine, you did a perfectly appropriate thing.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:16 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• she had just returned from her break and opened her lane and the manager is the one that asked us if we wanted to move over to her lane
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 10:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2011