Husband

We were in the store last night and after we checked out my oldest son noticed that there was what he though was a dollar lying on the floor so he picked it up and unfolded it well it ended up being 6 dollars instead of a dollar and my husband took the five and told my son to keep the dollar.

Do you think this was wrong of my husband shouldn't he have just let our son have it all because he was the one that found it? I thought it was wrong of him

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:30 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Shopping

• I'm sorry, but I would not have had my kids turn in $6 if they found it unless it was in a money clip or something. I think your husband should have let your son keep all the money, after all he found it. Personally, I think I might give him $5 and tell him I thought it was rightfully his.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:22 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• lmbo yes very wrong..why would he do that..?
    Mami9674

Answer by Mami9674 at 7:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• As long as Dad is is the "King of the House"......
    Seriously! What did your son say?
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 7:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• ok someone drop a sollar happens all the time .. if there was no one there to claim it then what was so wrong about it..?.. If it was then yea it was wrong but hey who would really not wanna lie and say I dropped money.. this is a small thing nothing to worrry about unless its something like teaching your kid how to take money out of peoples house and pockets..
    MissCheare

Answer by MissCheare at 7:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yeah that was dirty but my husband does the same stuff. Ryan found a 50 fluttering across the parking lot and was amped cuz he could pay for his own yearbook & go ice skating dad took it and didnt give it back then told him he couldnt go skating or get a yearbook. But i came through lol i took him & his friends skating yep i spent way more then that 50 would of costed him just to prove a point, but i am a bitch like that lol
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Bastard. That's like giving your kid a dollar and he wins the powerball with it, and taking the money, cause you gave him a dollar. For some reason, sounds like your dh is egotistic, and 'needed that $5' more than Ds. What a bitch. Tell him only a bitch would do that. Geez.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• yea your husband should have let him keep it.
    susaninman

Answer by susaninman at 9:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Pretty lame of your husband
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• it wasn't in front of the cashier Lizzee it was near the doors that my son found the money keep your sarcastic remarks to yourself
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 7:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• he upset my son because my son was the one that found it and dad took the 5 and gave him the one. Then dad told him that he was planning on giving it back to him in the car which he didn't do
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 7:48 AM on Jul. 9, 2011