Labor!

if your first pregnancy was easy and fast what are the chance it will be the same with my second? im very super excited so im trying to stay hopeful, my doc said im half a centemeter and she thinks i will have my baby in 1 maby 2 weeks instead of my due date aug.10 thank goodness, but anyway im staying hopefull that this one will be like my first when i was pregnant before and i was half a centemeter i had my baby the next day. i know poeple stay 2 or 3 for weeks but im hopeful and still a week or 2 is way better than 4 weeks but so what do you think im so friken happy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It has been my experience that women that have quick labor and delivery the first time, will have it each time, and women that have a difficult time the first time will continue to do so.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:45 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• lol wow i was dilated to three cm for almost three weeks before i finally had to be induced! i hope it is quick and easy and perfect for you!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 9:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• They say that usually with the 2nd one it (labor) will be about half the time of the 1st. But thats only an average and doesnt apply to everyone. With my first I went a week past due day, was dilated at 2 for three weeks before that and I didnt have contractions til after my water broke. I was in labor for 17 hours. I'm hoping the half amount of time applies to me this time lol. I have a week til my due day still so I'm not holding my breath that I'll go into labor anytime soon, if he's like my daughter. But hopefully you'll get your wish. Good luck.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• It's nice to know our bodies work, that they are doing their jobs, getting ready!
    You are very happy, but knowing your dilation/progress/no progress could dampen that.
    Since you could go to / past your due date, try not to focus on that information too much.
    No need to check your cervix, especially if you like your Happy, lol!
    ;-)

Good luck to you!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2011