So my very first aloe plant...

So I bought an aloe plant and I was just wondering if anyone had any information about anything special I should be doing for it. I'm in need of plant goo so I love this thing. My sunburn has never felt better.

Razzle_Dazzle1

Asked by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 8:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• This plant requires little effort, and it's uses are wonderful. I just recently grabbed a pipping oven hot handle from a sauce pan, and burned my left palm, the pain was excruciating, went outside got a few fat leaves split them open and got the slimy stuff inside and spread it on my palm. Kept doing this for a few hours, the relief was great. I thought for sure that I would blister, but I didn't it! It is really a miraculous plant.

Answer by older at 8:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I was going to tell you my thrives in a pot underneath a palm tree, I only go see it when I need her!!!!!!very little care..........

Answer by older at 8:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• When I was sixteen we went to Coco beach and, despite constant sunscreening, I was blistered all over my back and shoulders and my pastor's sister cut up some aloe leaves and put it on me and the blisters were gone by the next day. The aloe in bottles may say it's pure aloe but it really isn't. It doesn't help as much.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Comment by Razzle_Dazzle1 (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• They like sandy soil and sun.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• they are very easy, even I don't kill them,(usually)
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Never had one.
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 11:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I've considered getting one of these plants.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 6:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• i never had one but am looking to get one
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I have 2:) Love them.
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 8:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• water it LOL. I want one
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2011