The Fresh Beat Band's Marina....

Anyone else see the new 'Marina' on some of the new preview episodes of TFBB?

I don't like it! It's weirding my daughter out. She was watching it and saw the new Marina and was like "who is that mommy?" and I was like "It's Marina" and she's like "Na uhhhhh" and she won't watch it now lol

I think they should have made her an entirely new character, they need to give our kids credit, they're smart!

Did you notice this? Did your children notice? Does it bother you that they didn't introduce the new character and tried to pass her off as the old 'Marina'?

davila26

Asked by davila26 at 8:49 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Entertainment

• I noticed it so I googled it. Said the other Marina got married and wanted to pursue other things. My 2 year old barely noticed. Or at least she can't talk coherently enough to tell me. The old Marina used to work on a soap opera. I know they never bother to introduce new characters. Just throw them in there and pass them off. Perhaps it's the same with Fresh Beat Band.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I just feel like it could confuse some children. They watch it and are introduced to a certain character and then out of the blue a completely different person that looks nothing like her aside from her red hair is thrown in there and given the same name and similar outfit. They should have done a going away episode for her imo and then introduced the new girl.
    davila26

Comment by davila26 (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I did notice this! I mentioned it to my fiance, and he said, that he thought it was the same girl. And after I told him the original girl has lighter hair and looks nothing like this new girl.. he finally realized it too. Now, my son however, did not tell the difference yet.. he still dances and jumps around.. but I know he will notice shortly because he thinks that her and I look alike because we both have red hair. Lol. :)
    Mommyof2427

Answer by Mommyof2427 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• glad i'm not the only one who noticed, my 11 year old nephew thought i was crazy lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• yeah but this new marina is a lot more talented.Shayna Rose was a HORRIBLE dancer. in fact she wasn't a dancer at all, she moved her body around but she wasn't dancing. she also looked too old to be on the show and her fake smile always read "this is stupid"
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• yeah my girls were shocked too
    sanderson_7

Answer by sanderson_7 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• lol well she was right momofone725, it is stupid :) i liked her but probally b/c she reminds me of my friend amber haha
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I noticed a while ago through a promo for the new season. I've only seen repeats, the only time I see her is in a commercial. I think they should have done something like that they did with steve and joe on blues clues. That was brilliant!! I doubt my daughter will notice or if she does I don't think she will care but it bothers me when shows just bring in a new character and pass them off as an old character like fresh prince and family matters to name a couple. They just randomly replaced the moms.... and everyone went along with it. Like aliens had wiped their memories clean. It's so annoying.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I was thinking Blues Clues too...kids do notice,
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2011