Reuninon from deployment

Hey ladies what did you do for your SO to make home coming special. I am going to make a welcome home banner and get him is favoriate meal. this is the first deployment so i am nervous about his return. any ideas..

NaiveDream

Asked by NaiveDream at 8:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• the only thing he wants is to see you and the kids. he honestly won't even care about the banner, probly won't even notice it unless you say something about it. he won't care about where dinner is, as long as he's with ya'll.

all i really did was make a sign and write on the car window...but that was mainly for me and the kids to do something in the last days of waiting.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Make sure when he comes home there is a bunch of people there. He is going to be overwhelmed already. Make sure people understand that YOU will call THEM when your husband is ready for visitors. Don't expect him to be ready to care for the children on his own as soon as he gets home either. Have patience with him.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:33 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Try to have a little reunion of his favorite people / pets, etc! And give him the biggest hug and most passionate kiss ever!!!!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I agree with these ladies. He'll just want to see you and the kids at first. I'd keep it small and simple. I appreciate his service. I'm a Marine mom.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:37 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Make sure when he comes home that there is NOT a bunch of people there.
    ..............................
    I think that is what you are trying to say and you are right!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Dh loved the banner! We didn't throw a party... Tried going out for dinner and he got really panicky so we left. He's really just gunna wanna see you and the kids! His schedule will be off as well. It's so exciting when they finally come home!!! How long has your been gone? Mine was gone 15 mos and it took forever!! I was so excited when he finally made it back!! Remember if he starts to feel nervous somewhere, even the grocery store, it's time to leave. Watch his signals. It will take time for him to adjust.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• best friend and family invitation each bring sometime and pictures...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yes, gammie, thanks. I am sorry. 6 loud kids can really mess up a person's concentration.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2011