What is your toddler's sleeping schedule like?

My daughter was on a great sleeping schedule for SOOO long...I'm talking the same sleep schedule from 10 months old to like last week and she's 22 months now.

She was going to bed at about 8:30pm and getting up at around 8:00am and taking a 2 hour nap from 1;00 to 3:00 (they do this at her daycare)

Well this past week she decided to start waking up at like 5am! My parents took her out on a trip yesterday and she was up til 10:30 pm and she was still up at 5pm. This whole past week she's been going to be at her normal 8:30 and getting up between 5 and 6.

Do they start sleeping a lot less as they get older or is it just a phase?

davila26

Asked by davila26 at 8:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was the exact same way! He's 2 and a half now, and it seems that he goes to bed at like 9:30 pm and decides to wake up at 5 am! He's been doing this since he was about 22 months old. He had a sched. where he would wake up around 9 am eat breakfast and take a nap from 12 - 2. His bedtime was always 8 o clock. And he fell asleep right on time. I don't know if it's a phase, since I swore it was a phase, and he's been doing it for a little more than a year now. It's a new routine for him. He rarely takes a nap anymore.. only if I am lucky :)
    Mommyof2427

Answer by Mommyof2427 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• DD is 2.5 and sleeps from 7:30/8 until 6/7am she takes a nap at like 10 and is up by lunch and takes another nap at 2. She will play super hard with her sister so I don't worry about how much sleep she is getting.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:30 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I put my daughter to bed at 10:30 every night and she wakes up around 7 every morning and takes one nap in the afternoon. She has always had herself on some kind of schedule and I only recently decided that she had to be in bed by 10:30 every night. She will be 2 in September.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I put my 2yr.old to bed at 7:30 pm. and they both selpt till 8am, through the night.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:14 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My son has been on pretty much the same schedule since he was 8 weeks old, however, dropping a nap. He does wake up at 7 instead of 8 most days like he used to. He'll sleep 7:30-7:00 and then take a 2-3 hour nap. He'll be 3 in September.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• With my son he usually goes to sleep around 8:30-9:00 and wake up around 9-10am! I keep him on that scheduale if he likes it or not and before I got him on this sleeping arrangement he was waking up at 5 or 6am and again we would put him down to bed at the same time as we do now but I think that was just because we moved and he slept in our room. But if he does wake up earlier then then I just make sure he is warm, and everything and send him back to bed...it's always worked for me.
    Hershey_kisses

Answer by Hershey_kisses at 2:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My 21 month old son has been pretty consistent with his schedule for the past year. Go to bed around 8:00 pm and wake up around 8:30 - 9:00 am. He takes a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. The last couple of weeks he's been waking up earlier and earlier so I'm not sure if the nap needs to shorten now or if he needs to go to bed a little bit later.
    maxava

Answer by maxava at 5:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011