Is 15months to young to play with Playdough,of course supervised.

FRANCINE818

Asked by FRANCINE818 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i let my 15 month old play with it sometimes. she always wants to put it in her mouth though so i think she may be too young to understand.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Good thing about playdough is it's non toxic and won't hurt. It's a fun way for mom and baby to play.
    TylersMom323

Answer by TylersMom323 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Lord no! Its non toxic even if the child did manage to get some to their mouth, but other than that, it is a great sensory activity for them.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• It's non-toxic. Just keep an eye on him so he doesn't eat too much. It squishes, it mashes, it's fun to play with. My little girl's favorite thing to do when she was that age was to mash the balls that I rolled.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My daughter started playing with it when she was 13 months old.. so I would have to say no :) It is her favorite thing to do now and there are many things they can learn from it. Like said above though, it is non toxic, but just make sure she doesn't eat a whole thing of it.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My son and I started playing with it right around his first birthday. I would just tell him that it didn't belong in his mouth and show him how to play with it. Now he can play on his mat by himself and knows what he can and can't do (22 months). But he is the same way with markers too. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I think it's fine. If you are really concerned even though it's non-toxic, make your own!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:32 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• like pp said, you could always make your own. There are recipes for edible play doh online if you search it.
    britngavin

Answer by britngavin at 7:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2008