SETTLE FOR LESS STATEMENT.. adult content

Once you decieded to settle for less you will get less then what you settle for. I know first hand.. Everyone has mad the mistake including myself of letting someone slide because they have apologized and we felt so bad. Letting ourselves become a victim of their B.S again. trust me when I tell you its a headache and only a few will actually be really ready to do better with themselves and not wanna make the same mistake again.. I just wanna know why do us as women settle for less. knowing that we wouldn't want our kids to do the same??

MissCheare

Asked by MissCheare at 8:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I have said that to friends in bad relationships before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Maybe because we lack the self-esteem to do something about it. and if there are kids involved we are afraid of never meeting someone great again...I was in a terrible relationship for many years and finally got out of it because he dumped me for another ( I never would have had the self-esteem or the courage to let him go), (i had no children with that person though) but it took a long time to get myself back together...I was depressed, miserable and my ego was at zero...Luckily for me, 5 years later, I have a SO, a child and another one on the way and although this relationship ain`t perfect it sure beats the other one. Alot less drama thats for sure. I hope you are not in a bad situation and if you were speaking of yourself,I really hope you can resolve it and find the courage and strength to do what needs to be done. NO one deserves bad treatment...and you can`t save anyone but yourself!
    bianca2422

Answer by bianca2422 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• clapping

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• shouting

preach it!! I completely agree.

gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I agree, now I feel shitty, cause I still haven't left his ass
    Anonymous

• Low self esteem. Feeling like although we settle for less, we feel we can't get something better & are too afraid to try. We'll just have to teach our kids better & pray that they listen!!!
    something_

Answer by something_ at 12:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• We are lied to, painted big pretty pictures by these men and then the color fades and the world becomes grey, by then our self worth has gone down the toilet so by that time not only do we feel shitty for doing this to ourselves but to our kids as well.
    I had standards but was lied to and had to lower my standards to keep my marriage because I don't have anywhere else to go because I live sooo far away from everything and the people I left behind moved on and became better and I didn't. my life sucks because of my choices and I'm not angry at anyone but myself for falling for such lies.
    Anonymous

• This totally reminded me of himym the settler and the reacher....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Afraid of being alone?
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would never settle for less.

Answer by older at 1:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2011