What would you say/do?

ok so my mil was kinda hopeing for our dd to be named after her but so were my sisters? my hubby doesnt like doing 2middle names (my dd has 2middle names) he says its hick..hes from up north(MI) and im from here in the south(indiana). well i like doing the 2middle names and we already have her first name picked out and its not changeing its Aurora..my in law name is mala lee im not to found of mala but lee would be fine..and my sisters came up with jessanna...i thought we were goin to go with mae as her middle name but now hes wanting it to be bree? so i said ok how about Aurora mae-bree..he thought i sounded like a chineese guy trying to say maybe..wth..so anyways what would you say to them? i know its our decision but jessanna mae would be cute and soo would mae lee ..any advise on what to say without hurting thier feelings

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Baby Names

• I would tell them that the baby's name is up to you and hubby and that if they have a name that just has to be given to a baby then they should have one and give the baby the name they like. Family really should not have any input into a baby's name.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My baby has 2 middle names. And everyone had an opinion. I learned why they say to not reveal any names you're thinking of because no matter what you decide somebody will have something to say. I wouldn't worry about feelings, I mean this is your excitement and I think if people are expecting you to use their name they're just setting themselves up for disappointment. Keep this between you and your husband maybe don't use a name someone wants you to. Keep searching you'll find a name that is the one. What about Aurora Lynn? Just throwing it out there. ;o)
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 9:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Aurora Lee is pretty or even Mae but Bree doesn't go very well with that name. My middle name is Renee and so is my daughter's. (I'm Sophia Renee and she's Alice Renee) I considered Aurora Renee for my daughter but decided on Alice.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• pick neither it may hurt but dont choose between childor man it will only wedge one of you a part... make sure they both understand why your doing it honesty is the key to any healthy relationship whether it be man or child..
    MissCheare

Answer by MissCheare at 9:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• this sounds like a time from gran or great gran's middle or first name to come to the rescue. No one can be upset, you used a family members name and it is in honor of her.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• well first tell your hubs it's not a southern thing.. I'm a northerner and I used two middle names for both my kids, lol. (NY).

so the choice for the middle names are: mae, Lee, Jessanna, and Bree with the first name as Aurora.
    oh, but I do agree, I'm not a fan of Mae-Bree it just doesn't flow well.
    here are some other options you could play with:

Aurora Bree-anna
    Aurora Maelie-Ann
    Aurora Breanna-Mae (or Breanna-Lee)
    Aurora Jessanna-Mae (0r Lee
    Aurora Jeslyn- Breanna
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• as for what to say: I think you should both make a list of your top 10 middle names.. see if any match up.. if they do, there ya go, if not, then you can do the double middle name...and both pick a middle name..
    narrow it down to top 3 or 5 on your list outta top ten, then mix and match them to see which ones go good.. also see if there are names that combined othernames.. like Bree and Jessanna could become Breanna. Or Mae and Lee could become Maelie..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• If you have to have Bree I think Aurora Bree Mae is better. But if you can drop the Bree, Aurora Mae-Anna sounds so pretty. x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 4:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• tell them that you would rather your DD be her own person, rather than live up to/be better than whoever her namesake is. I have used family names (my sister and my dd paternal greatgrandmother middle names) it's up to you and if they want to be mad then you know what...let them...least you will be happy with what you name her
    LadyOsgood

Answer by LadyOsgood at 4:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2011