Do you think the show "Toddlers & Tiaras" is a bad show?

I always wanted my daughter to be in a pageant, but like I watch that show all the time and they way those kids act scare me that my daughter will be like that if I enter her.

brittbritt103

Asked by brittbritt103 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• i love the idea of little girls playing dress up, but that's taking it extremely too far. let kids be kids.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 9:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• The parents scare me more. I can't speak for the entire show, but I can speak for the episode I watched and I was truly sad at the behavior of the mothers who think winning is the only option, for beauty pageants, sports or any other competition.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I have to wonder how these moms will handle these girls when they become teenagers.
    I think, its sad the kids are put out there to win & winning seems to be everything for the moms.
    It doesn't seem like the girls are having fun.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I agree with the 3 of you. It's overboard! My Aunt put my cousins in crap like that and everything you can imagine from commercials to who knows and I feel horrible for them. I watched their lives just be in control of winning. It's sad because they really don't know how to act because they've been acting since they were born so what's real? Kids need to be kids. And true, make up at what..3 maybe younger, can you say out of control in a few years? And what about the disgusting perverts that watch that show. Sorry to give that image but it's true! I wouldn't want my baby on there for that reason alone.
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I don't like that show. I think that the parents are pushing toddlers to be teens, it's ridiculously inappropriate for their age, and many of the scenes leave me wanting to require parenting classes. The children are forced to endure strict schedules, routines, hair and make-up, sit still, be quiet, and perform like Madonna at 2 and 3 years old. I wonder if many of them are abused off camera. I give it a F-.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• yes. they are ridiculous parents and sending their kids the wrong message. especially when they yell at them for losing WTH?

ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I don't like how the parents pressure the kids! The kids should be kids ... not made to look like little adults! If the child loves it that's one thing but...if they are tired and want a break they should be respected more by the parents! I tend to not watch those shows - but have seen enough about them!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yes, especially when they are forced to do it.

Jerzymom

Answer by Jerzymom at 8:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2011