How can i make him get the picture?!

My due date is approaching, and me and my son's father have not been together or seen each other for months. I broke up with him for VERY good reasons and have no intention of ever getting back together with him. I do want him to be in our baby's life and he says he wants to be there too... but it seems like he only uses the baby as an excuse to harass me about getting back together with him. I try to keep him updated about how things go at my doctor appointments but every time i talk to him he either tries to take me out on a date or just starts a fight with me over not wanting to see him. I told him a million times but he wont listen! what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• snail mail.... that way he cant harass you immediately. Tell him if he wants you two can go to court to work out some type of agreement where you don't have to see him much and maybe he will finally get the hint?
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 9:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My ex and passed a calendar back and forth between visits. He'd add in dates and time if he had something planned for the kids. Id add in dates and time of soccer games, etc. So, he and I could plan around what the kids schedules was and our own time we wanted with the kids.
    You'll have to go to court and have everything settled. If he is that bad then hell get supervised visits. You cannot keep him out of the babys life - he is the father! And he has rights...
    Unless, you can prove him to be unfit.
    Why would you not want your child to know their father?
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Sorry if it was unclear, but i DO want him involved in the baby's life... But i don't want him to be around only because he thinks he has a chance at getting me back. He has made a lot of bad decisions in his recent past, but I'm giving him a chance to prove he has changed. I told him he can see the baby every day if he wants to, but it has to be with me around (which he's obviously okay with).
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I went through this with my ex.. in the end he never cared about his kids, he only cared about he fantasy he lived in where he had a "family" and if we weren't all together he didn't want a part of it.

PM me and I'll explain most of the story of what happened and what I had to do to get him to finally realize it wasn't going to happen.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I'm new on this website and don't know what PM means. But if you could let me know how i'd love to hear more cause I'm in the exact same situation
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• just invite his father time /day and remember him to ignored his son?
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2011