Would you being willing to die for your faith?

The following is a FB post from International Christian Concern which I saw yesterday. It contained a video which I would not watch. It would take great faith and courage to die for your faith. I pray that if I am ever faced with such a trial, that God would give me the strength to face with it with steadfast faith. It is easy to say you would die for your faith, until you are actually faced with certain death. Do you think you would be able to remain faithful to the end? I am not just talking about the Christian faith, but whatever belief system you have. I have just used Christianity as an example.

International Christian Concern
The following blog post contains a video we received from our contacts in Afghanistan of a Christian brother being beheaded for converting from Islam to Christianity. We warn that the video is extremely graphic and disturbing, but we post it only to honor the requests of Christians in Afghanistan who told us to share it to let the world know "how serious it is to be a Christian in Afghanistan."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• UM NO ... GOD IS "LOVE" and I don't believe he would expect you to die for faith. We all die sometimes - what's meant to be is what's meant to be. But, I don't believe in SUISIDE for faith....that goes against what God would really want, he gave us LIFE and it would be wrong to TAKE away his gift in his name!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My Gods would never expect me to.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Im with Sabrina...mine would never expect me too.

My heart is where the truth lies and the Divine knows this. My Gods would rather I stick around and raise my family and make the world a better place as best as I can from my little corner of it.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Already have...couple of times
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yes.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:50 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yes
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 12:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Die for what I believe in such as Equality and justice, YES, but I won't go out without a fight.
    Die for a particular religious belief or faith, No, it's just not as important.(This is not to say that the situation elsewhere is not important but they are facing very different circumstances than we do).
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yes. They can kill my body but they can't kill my spirituality.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 1:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Before my DD, I would have. But now,, she needs me. And I know the Lord, wouldnt want me to leave her here without a mommy. God knows what is in my heart.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• No
    mdswoman

Answer by mdswoman at 2:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2011