Do you take your children to church?

Do you go to church on a regular basis?

Do you think, its important for your children have religion in their lives?

I'm not concerned with which religion. Just any religion you and your family practice.

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think religion is good for a young child. It gives them something to think about instead of thinking about negative things and teaches them to do good in all aspects of their lives.
    Tsayles1695

Answer by Tsayles1695 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yes we go as a family every Sunday and have done so since we brought the kids home from the hospital.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• yes, my daughter loves her sunday school class and she is so excited about bible school next week :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yes and Yes

Just don't take them with toys, take a church book for a child. Good time to teach them how to sit still. (not easy)
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• yes I think they should have religion but we don't go all the time like we should.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My daughters love going to church. They go with us every Sunday, whenever we go for other events, and have several of their own activities they are involved in (kids clubs, choirs, etc.)
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:49 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I was raised Catholic and my husband was raised protestant so church is very important to both of us. We decided to take our children to a Christian church because we felt that no matter what we wanted them to KNOW God.

dedicatedmama2

Answer by dedicatedmama2 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• prayers and bed time prayers and when my boys have nightmares and bad thoughts i teach them to pray to God about them and that God will protect them so theres nothing to worry about, also on holidays i try to teach the real meaning for those holidays.
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• no and no
    We're atheist and raising our kids without religion (as much as possible although they ended up in Catholic school for 3 years when we lived in Chicago). Religion is rarely brought up in the house and just isn't important at all to us.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• we used to go with my mother in law to her church but ever since they got a new pastor a couple of years ago we stopped because i didn't agree with his practices and he ordered all the women to wear dresses. i understand the need to look presentable in church which of course im ok with but sometimes i want to wear pants- I highly doubt God is looking down on me saying "that alicia, she should not be wearing pants!" after all, we all are born naked! sorry- had to have a little vent moment- but i really would like to go to church with my family but its hard to find a good church where i feel welcome and don't have to worry about my kids getting scared of how the adults are acting- plus my husband works sundays and its hard to handle 4 boys by myself at church.
    but before u think that means we don't have religion in our home, thats not true- I have a cute childrens bible and i read it to them often, i teach them meal time cont.
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2011