Dear Cafe Mom:

Can we please get rid of these stupid expanding ads that make it impossible to use the navigation bar at the top of the page when they get stuck in their expanded mode?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 10:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in About CafeMom

• clapping

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Just use an ad blocker with your browser and you will NEVER see or deal with the ads--period! On my profile I have pictures of what CM looks like with the ad blocker on...
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Ad Block Plus saved my life :)
    It's free and will get rid of all that junk. If any escape the blocking, you can manually block them!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 10:50 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• if they get rid of the ads then the site is no longer free......those ads pay for this site just like commercials on tv programs do....if you dont like them use an ad blocker on you computer......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I don't mind ads, but I agree with the OP that the ads that interfere with the design navigation of CM are particularly annoying.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Can I bump this more then once? I agree with you OP!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:48 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• i've been complaining about this for a while now. I cannot click on my "activity" bar because if i go near it the Yoplait smoothie ad, it expands making it impossible to actually click on my activity tab. SO LAME! Lets keep bumping this ladies!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• they don't have to get rid of the ads, just please stop making them expand throughout the whole damn page!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Firefox +Adblock Plus = WIN.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 1:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Firefox no longer has the ad blockers :( I have firefox and for the longest time I didnt see ads now I do:(
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2011