yeast infection during pregnancy

why do you get yeast infections while pregnant, im only 6 weeks along and i feel an infection comming on, this is my 4th pregnancy and i only remember having yeast infections with my last 2 pregnancies which were boys is yeast infections signs of boys?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well your immunity is low because it is protecting the baby. My first was a boy and I never got a yeast infection but I did this time which was the first time I ever got one, it really sucks. I hope it's not a sign of a boy because I really want a girl.
    Anonymous

• i've only had one in my life and it was while we were on vacation to another state. i was about 6 months along. i had a girl. my dr had told me that it was common to have one while preggers, there's so many changes in your body at that time.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I get them really easy anyway and especially while pregnant. Your hormones are all over the place, your natural balance can be off.. lots of fun being pregnant. Also -- Increased discharge... yeast grows where it is "warm and wet" -- prime conditions in the female body. If you wear a pad for the discharge you're helping seal in the moist condition... or wearing panties that don't breathe can do it (look for cotton crotch panties)... sleep in the buff to let yourself air out.. Good luck Momma!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i have never heard of it as a sign of gender-prediction. I just know that you get them more often when pregnant because of increased discharge (as Serafyna said).
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 2:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2008