Anyone know anything about raiseing chickens?

I'm looking into getting 2 or 3 just for eggs. I live in the city but we are allowed to a have a few. I have a huge backyard so they would have plenty of space. I want to make sure that they are well taken care of and minimize the sink if at all possible. Of course safety is an issue as well.

Oh and I'm not evenn sure what kind of Chicken to get.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

MrsLLove

Asked by MrsLLove at 10:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Food & Drink

• They will stink no matter what you do. You just need to clean the area regularly. The eggs are worth the time and effort. Do some research. Some chickens produce more eggs than others. Depends on the breed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• TRY CRAIGSLIST FOR LOCAL FARMERS WITH CHICKENS FOR SALE. THE COST TO KEEP THEM IS NOT ANY CHEAPER THAN GOING TO THE STORE TO GET ORGANIC EGGS. THEY CAN SEEM LIKE A LOT OF WORK IF YOU HAVE HAWKS IN YOUR AREA, BE AWARE THAT HAWKS DO ATTACK CHICKENS. FRESH EGGS TASET WONDERFUL, GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY.
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 10:57 AM on Jul. 10, 2011