Should I take my nephew on my family trip?

My nephew if visiting for the summer. He stays with my mom but my husband & I have him over on the weekends. My nephew is 6 and we have a 5 year old daughter. The kids are like oil & vinegar. He is not very nice to our daughter, they fight constantly and bicker its annoying. Just this morrning he kicked her in the chest. To get to my point, we have a family weekend trip planned this weekend to an amusement park and I kinda don't want to take him with us. It would cost extra money and it will be annoying. I feel bad for wanting to leave him behind but, I know we won't enjoy ourselves if we bring him. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Don't bring him. He shouldn't be rewarded for being mean and if you are paying to have a good time you want to have a good time.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 10:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Does he know about the trip? Have you already told him he could go?
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• If he can't behave himself then dont take him
    MsPhyllis1985

Answer by MsPhyllis1985 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• if you have told him he could go then you need to take him.....but if he is unaware of the outting then leave him at your mothers....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• He has no idea we are going on the trip but he will know when we don't pick him up this weekend.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would not bring him and if he says anything I would tell him you are not nice with your cousin. That has to change before we take you on any trips.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:00 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Oh well i wouldn't take him thats "your" family's trip not extended family and he sounds like a handful. Don't feel bad he's got parents too who could take him.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 11:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• If you know you won't enjoy your trip if you brings him-then don't ruin it for your family and yourself. Don't bring him.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• don't take him. save your money and your family time. :)
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 11:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• What does your mom say? Have you asked her about it?

I don't know 5&6 is an oil and vinegar time anyways for kids. I just don't think I could or would leave him behind. Not my style, if he was abusive that would be different but it just sounds like normal 5&6 year old behavior.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2011