Ugh.... I'm soooo frustrated!!

I know I possibly can't be alone when I say my three year old won't stay in bed when it's bedtime right? What do you do? He used to ALWAYS stay in bed when I put him down and now.......... HAHAHA he always comes out after lights are out, prayers are said, books are read, sips of water, potty, hugs, kisses, high fives, knuckles... UGH!! We are at the tail end of potty training, except at night and he hasn't had an accident in such a long time so I'm way excited about that but he always has to go a hundred times before he goes to sleep and I wonder if I should let him go or is it just something to get him out of going to bed? I just wonder what to do, do I just keep putting him in bed without talking or what? I am starting to hate bedtime and I get so frustrated.... I'm all alone because the dad and I are getting a divorce and I need my three year old to understand and know that I AM the one in charge not him!! Help!

HappySam

Asked by HappySam at 11:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Look up the Suppernanny technique...it totally works.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Divorce is not easy for the kids! he may regress so you need to have a lot of patience.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• use a baby gate! it will keep him in his room but leave the door open incase he needs somehing he'll be able to yell for you.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• just keep putting him back in his bed and remind him that he needs to stay in his bed. My 4 year old was doing this and we just had to keep taking him back to his bed and now he stays in his own bed all night unless he is sick or gets scared and then I will go and lay down with him for a few minutes and remind him that we all sleep better when we stay in our own beds. Good luck and God Bless
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:09 AM on Jul. 11, 2011