Why do you trust the media?

Do you realize there is no law in the US against lying in the media? Yet everyone seems to believe every word the media says like its a freakin' religion anyway. Why?

metalcowgirl34

Asked by metalcowgirl34 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The Media can Legally Lie

"In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States."

metalcowgirl34

Comment by metalcowgirl34 (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I dont' trust the media, I never have trusted them
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I have never trusted the media, but I do enjoy watching/reading what they have to say. I know probably about 80% plus of what they say is a lie anyways..
    something_

Answer by something_ at 11:18 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I don't trust them most of our news outlets are very liberal so I know when I watch or read the news it is very slanted to the left. I am a liberal but I still want the real news without a slant either way. Gone are the day where journalists could put their politics aside. When Obama was elected it made me sick to see the new anchors who are supposed to be so objective almost crying and cheering. If McCain had won they would have been whining. Not a good thing at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I wish I knew! now that we are going into the another presidential race I have heard them lie a lot!!! They are pushing Bachmann and Romney. And anyone else is being ignored.

They do not want Ron Paul to run and that is his own party. He is doing great has won some straw polls and has raised a lot of money from the people not from Corporations. You will not see how great he is doing from both parties. And that is because he will not be a puppet!!! They need someone to control. That is how you end up with a Bush, Obama, McCain.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I don't, they often make things worse. The pick a subject like the housing market and give the negative over and over!
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Watch Stossel and Judge Napalitano News shows they stick to the law!!!

Google them!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I don't and never have. I wanted to be a journalist at one time until I decided that I had too many morals for the job. Unfortunately there are many out there that believe everything they hear they don't bother to research for facts.

My sister and parents are avid watchers of Fox News and tend to believe everything the hear on there. They have made comments about how ALL the other news agencies BUT Fox puts a "liberal spin on the news" and Fox is the "only one who really reports the facts". I get dizzy from my eyeballs rolling so much. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• WHO believes every word from the Media???? You are speaking for everyone....speak for yourself,okay? DOn't assume anything.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:30 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• minnesotanotsonice go pop some estrogen or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jul. 9, 2011