For or against Gay Marriage?

I am not gay but have many gay friends. I believe that Love is Love and if a person has been in a manogamous relationship for a long time and plan to be together forever - than why stop them. They live together anyway - why not be able to make decisions as a married couple...just wondering what you all think?

isismoon3

Asked by isismoon3 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

Level 66 (1,275,470 Credits)
  • for it
    terrynmel

Answer by terrynmel at 12:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Neither. I'm for the government getting out of the marriage business.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I'm pro gay marriage! I find nothing wrong with it, just people trying to have the same rights as everyone else.. Live and let live.
    something_

Answer by something_ at 11:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• To each their own. I think the government should stay out of it. Did they ever read the constitution?
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• FOR. people are people and should be able to marry whomever they love.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Why shouldn't they be allowed to get married? The government wouldn't make as much off of them if they did marry...along with insurance. You get discounts from being married and if they allowed marriage, then they wouldn't get that money.

I think this has more to do with taxes and such rather than it being a marriage between same -sex couples.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I am all for it , it has to do with equality for all.

Answer by older at 11:22 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• definitely for gay marriage!!!! i live in NY and they just passed gay marriage! YEY
    katiefernandes

Answer by katiefernandes at 11:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I don't think one persons beliefs should delegate another persons rights.

Definitely FOR gay marriage. Considering religion is the ONLY reason peole are against it, i don't see how they can make it a law that they can't get married. Someone's religious belief should not have anything to do with the law.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to marry. I have many close friends who are gay, and it would be really great to see them married. A couple I know did get married when it was legal in CA for that short time (ironically, they ended up divorced, but they were too young and not ready). I don't think gay marriage devalues marriage for anyone else, and I don't think that any gay people are doing it to make a statement- they just want to be able to have the rights that other married people have when they marry the person they love. Straight people have been abusing the system for years. People get married for all sorts of reasons other than for love, so to say that gay marriage devalues marriage is a big crock. Just let people live their lives as they choose, and unless they are hurting others, let's not interfere.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2011