For or against polygamy? (s/o of for or against gay marriage)

That Q just made me think, because this topic often comes up when debating gay marriage.
There's a difference between the abuse that happens in some communities with polygamy, where young girls are forced into marrying men, and boys are forced out of these communities to reduce competition for brides, versus people who willingly choose to marry into polygamy (whether it be more than one wife or more than one husband). The show Sister Wives is one example of a family where all of the adults have chosen to live that lifestyle. What are your thoughts?

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 11:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• What people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms is not my business. As long as it is two, three, four or sixteen CONSENTING ADULTS, I don't care.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Neither. Government should get out the marriage business.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would never personally be for it, but I'm not about to judge others if that''s the way they choose to live.
    something_

Answer by something_ at 11:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't like it for me and my hubby or our kids but I'm not against anyone who does.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:33 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't be in a polygamus relationship---I am too jealous and possessive. LOL. (Besides,I do think it is adultery and am 100% against that.....but just for me)
    I don't care what other people do, Let them share. Hehe. Its not my business.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I think people should be able to choose who they marry. So I suppose I guess if they willingly and all are in agreement to have multiple partners then I dont see why not. Its not for me, but I wouldnt judge people who choose that lifestyle
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Same answer for this as for the other question: I think two (or more if it tickles their fancy) consenting ADULTS (always have to specify that for some reason) should be able to marry whoever they choose.

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:39 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• ANYTHING GOES BETWEEN CONSENTING ADULTS
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• NOT my place to judge what CONSENTING adults do in their lives. Whatever makes them happy, as adults.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Against
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2011