Weirdest Allergy?

are you allergic to something obscure? what happens if you eat it?

I am allergic to a certian preservative found in some jarred spaghettii sauces, salad dressings, packaged bacon bits, and most frozen pizzas. My face swells especially my lips, i get itchy, and i get covered in thousands if tiny blisters and scales from the tip of my nose down to my chest. And of course what goes in must come out..so it feels like i am peeing and pooping razor blades for atleast 1 week after. The worst part is that i am never really sure exactly what foods are going to have it. Last time my face swelled up so bad that my right eye was swollen shut and my right ear tripples in size. People though that DH beat me up. I would have pple pull me to the side and ask if everything between us was ok. lol then i would have to explain that it was an allergic reaction.

My sis is deathly allergic to pork. she has to carry an epi pen. She cant even eat gummy candy, like gummi bears or worms, because they use rendered pork fat to make the geletin. they use such a tiny ammount that they dont even put it on the packaging, but her body will pick it up and her face and throat swell up.

MonkeyMommyNJ

Asked by MonkeyMommyNJ at 11:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Health

• intimate lubricants and the lube on condoms. they make my girl swell up :(
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Latex and this one type of soap. I had a rash so bad from it I went to the hospital.
    Definitely stay away from processed foods, mama! =) They're bad for all of us, but it sounds like they're especially bad for YOU!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:36 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I'm allergic to adhesive on tape & band aids! I get a really bad rash & I have to take benadryl for it to stop itching. Sometimes it makes my skin turn green and leaves a bruise, I'm not sure why but it does! If that's not weird I dont know what is! lol Oh & I'm also allergic to grass, and I love to wear flip flops. Not a very good combination! I have to get allergy shots and carry benadryl with me because it makes my feet tingle when the skin on my feet touch the grass! That's pretty weird too..
    something_

Answer by something_ at 11:39 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• im also allergic to any jewelry thats not stainless steel, platnum or 24k gold. my ears will swell and bleed if i wear earings that are not any of those. Fingers swell up with rings and i get blistery rashes in the affected areas and random parts of my body..so needless to say i dont wear jewelry much. i think i only own 1 pair of earings and my wedding band..thats it. im not a jewelry type anyway..i dont even wear my wedding ring on a daily basis..it annoys me.

I have many allergies to alot of common things like soap (i can only use Dove or Caress), lotions (only hypoallergenic ones w/ no fragrance), deodorant (suave or dove), cats (even though i have 3), some toothpastes, and a whole slew of medications
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Comment by MonkeyMommyNJ (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• i am allergic to the Sun brand of Laundry soap
    susaninman

Answer by susaninman at 11:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I am horribly allergic to band-aids. They make me flare up in hives.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I'm allergic to rabbits.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 2:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2011