I am sooo tired

I am a SAHM so I feel its my duty to look after the kids. My husband works hard for us and I appreciate that very much. Its the weekend. He went to bed early last night. I was up for hours last night with the baby. I mean, she didnt want to sleep with me, didnt want to be alone, didnt want to nurse. It was hell. She was crying and Id get her calm down and put her down...mistake. Well finally I got her to sleep and slept a couple hours. Now Im up with the older two and I am soo tired. My husband woke up a little bit ago, but his sinuses are acting up and he went back to bed! SO NOT FAIR!
This is turning more into a rant then anything huh? LOL Would you let him sleep till he woke up again, and then take off to the bedroom to take a nap, or just force yourself to stay up all day and go to bed when the kids get put down, assuming the baby cooperates tonight.

Shani527

Asked by Shani527 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I would confirm an understanding with him that if he takes a nap due to his sinuses that you get to take the next nap and he's on duty next. Sorry but sinuses aren't an excuse not to be a parent. He can take medication for sinuses and there are non-drowsy ones out there, so no excuses! I wouldn't force him but definitely try to compromise with him and approach it with you just needing some time out today. I would sugarcoat it with niceness by saying, "I know that because you are a caring husband that I can depend on you to take the next shift as I haven't had any. I really like how you can be mature about things like this, unlike other people who have to push and prod their husbands" This way you don't provoke a fight and you're giving him a compliment that he wants to live up to.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• after he gets up, i'd go take a nap. no reason why daddy cant watch the kids for a couple hrs.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 12:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• he should help on the weekends. and when he's home from work. kids need daddy time too!
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 11:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I'm a SAHM too but when my husband gets home we are a team until the last one is in down. If my hub was ill though I'd put in more time but otherwise I'd expect him to share 100% when he was at home.

A man working full-time, away from home 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, does NOT equate at all fairly to a mum working full-time at home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! When Dad's at home he should put in 50/50 with mum!
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 3:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Around here, we share in the parenting duties. My DH works longer hours, then takes time to feed the animals over at our property, then comes home. To compensate, he will sometimes make dinner and get the kids interested in a movie or game while I sit and relax. Lately, though, I've been going to Zumba in the evenings, so he's on duty for the hour and a half it takes to commute and do my class and come back, and he doesn't even complain! Very nice :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would wait until he wakes up or I'd wake him up. Then I'd definitely get back in bed alone and get some sleep because "if mommy isn't happy, nobody's happy."
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:01 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• He needs to help you hun, You didnt make that baby by yourself Id wake his ass up and tell him i need some rest so deal with the kids and come get me in a couple hours or when the baby needs to nurse assuming you BF..... Good Luck
    debbie26

Answer by debbie26 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• try to pass time with experiences check a family member to help? or get more advise ...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2011