3 yr old refuses to eat for almost 2 wks .. even liquids

My 3 yr old has been doing something I have not heard nor seeing from his older brothers doing when they were younger.
for the past 2wks he has been playing wit the food on his mouth, he will take a bite of the food leave it on his mouth and make it like a shake (looks like vomit) and ends up spitting on himself or spits out on the bathroom and does it again. we have tried to make him eat, which i know isnt good idea to pressure him but past 3 days it has gotten worse, he has not eaten at all, he loves to drink but now not even that. he will do the same thing as he does with the food, i made his favorite and didnt make any changes. He's not gettin anything on his tummy for the past 3 days, spits everything out after holding it on his mouth, and he has also been filling his mouth with his saliva.
He has always been a good eater, and loves to drink alot of liquids especially water, has no signs of been sick, so i dont understand whats happening and am worried he will get sick if he doesnt start eating something.
he gets nosebleeding, lots of them, everyday which the Dr is aware of but they keep bouncing us around with Dr's that they have not come to a conclusion. He had a major nosebleeds yesterday that it took forever to stop, and my fiance thinks he is fine, just a face but i am super worried.
any thoughts? ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would definitely bring him to the dr Asap if he hasn't drank anything for 3 days. He could get majorly dehydrated. The human body can only go without water for about 3 days. I imagine the time is even shorter for children. Please take him to the dr!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• He has been drinking water, and lemonade, apple juice, because he gets thirsty, but in between he will hold it on his mouth and start spitting it out then he will drink again then he starts doing it again, he started doing that last night. but food .... none, so far this morning he only swallow 1 bite of his cereal before he started holding food on his mouth and making it like a shake.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Maybe this is something new he discovered? If you are really worried, though, I would trust your instincts and take him to his dr.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• if he is also doing this with saliva i think it might be something painful for him like maybe a new molar coming in that hurts when he closes his mouth to swallow. it could be something else hurting too like an ear infection or sinus infection so maybe take him to a doc and get it checked out- as for the major nose bleed that could be related but i dont think so- has he been in air conditioning alot? i know my kids get nosebleeds when theyre under one too much- good luck momma!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2011