How long to u pray when or if u do?

I try to pray 2 times a day but sumtimes my flesh dont want to?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• it depends on what i have to say...sometimes, there are things weighing on my mind and i can't shut up. sometimes i start being thankful, and i can't shut up. sometimes ...i just close my eyes and imagine being in the warmth of a loving God, and being in His presence, peaceful. sometimes, its very short, as in before i walk in the door at work, or when i get cut off in traffic. prayers are like snowflakes..no two are alike. for me, that is.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I meditate for a half hour just about every day, and I sometimes pray briefly at the beginning or the end of that time. I also sometimes pray briefly during my regular yoga practice. Or I might pray at random times when I feel moved to do so. Once in a great while I'll have a good long involved conversation with God, but that's a pretty rare occurence. I know what you mean about not wanting to. That's often how I feel about meditation. But once I am doing it, I'm glad.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:02 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I dont pray at a certain time or certain length. Sometimes I just say "i know you are present, thank you for today" and I feel fine, sometimes I have to re-live the entire day and 'talk' for a while.... just depends
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Well, my friend...constantly off and on all day long. Defending on what is going on throughout the day. Morning and evening for sure.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 12:03 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I have learned that although prayer is powerful relationship is more so. Stop looking at it as something you feel you have to do for religious reasons and begin just talking to God as you would a human best friend. After all He is our ultimate best friend. I talk to him daily throughout the day many time sin thanks or praise, sometimes for something I have read online or on here or even seen on TV.
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 12:09 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• well it depends...I pray between 15 seconds to 2 hours non stop. what ever you do, we must not pray when tired, because sometimes we might accidentally say jibberish things, and God almighty does not like that. Prayers are heard, believe me,
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 12:24 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i disagree, ashleyamanda...i think God knows our hearts, and when he hears our prayers, even if we stumble in our wording, he understands...'God almighty' is like that.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I pray throughout the day - like Yahweh and I have a conversation going on. He's that real and involved in my day to day life so it's easy. I do have dedicated prayer times when I pray for minutes or hours, but this praying throughout the day spontaneously is by far the one that keeps me close to God the most. We as a family recite the Shema at each meal as a part of our blessing the food. That also is a special time for me.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 12:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• God didn't give us rules as to when or how long to pray. I pray often when I'm on CM cuz so many people here need it. It really just depends on what is going on.
    Gramy6

Answer by Gramy6 at 12:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Muslims observe five formal prayers each day. The timings are spaced fairly evenly throughout the day, so that one is constantly reminded of God and given opportunities to seek His guidance and forgiveness.

Fajr (pre-dawn): This prayer starts off the day with the remembrance of God; it is performed before sunrise.

Dhuhr (noon): After the day's work has begun, one breaks shortly after noon to again remember God and seek His guidance.

'Asr (afternoon): In the late afternoon,

Maghrib (sunset): Just after the sun goes down, Muslims remember God again as the day begins to come to a close.

'Isha (evening): Before retiring for the night, Muslims again take time to remember God's presence, guidance, mercy, and forgiveness.

also here is a link showing how we pray with arabic and english http://english.islamway.com/flashpage.php?id=2&cat=1&file_name=PrayerBeg&width=782&hight=438
    practicingislam

Answer by practicingislam at 12:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2008