I found a lump in my arm pit.

Do I call my gynecologist or do I call a regular doctor? I see my gynecologist every year and he does a breast exam.  I hardly see my 'family' doctor.  It's been two years since I have seen him.  I know I need to get it checked out, but I don't know which one to call. 

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Health

• Whoever you feel the most comfortable with. But start the ball rolling. Go see someone asap. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Answer by Womamhood at 4:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Probably a swollen lymph node. Either dr should be fine.

Answer by treynlisa at 12:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I agree, most likely a lymph node... personally I would wait a few days and see if it goes away, if not, follow up with either doctor and have it checked out.

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Gyno IMO good luck pray for you it's nothing

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Have you recently shaved your armpits? Is the lump sore? I oils see your family doctor if is hasn't gone down by Monday, your family doctor is just as capable of doing a breast exam as your gyno, if it came down to that.

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• If your family doctor is like my general practitioner, then he's capable of doing the breast exams, gyno stuff, etc. too. So I'd say either one. How big is the lump? Is it sore to the touch?? It could be a swollen lymph node, or it could be an ingrown hair. I'd be like you though, and certainly get it checked just to be safe. Good luck.

Answer by Eviesmommy at 12:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Either one. You should have a mammogram and breast ultrasound to find out what it is. Could be nothing or could be something, but you won't know until you see a doctor. I have a cyst on the side of my breast by my lymph node and it's a noncancerous cyst that they doc is just watching. I had 2 mammo's in 6 months and am past due for my yearly one.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Either should be ok

Answer by tspillane at 2:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• The lump is not sore and you can not see it from the outside. I felt it doing my monthly breast exam.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• but I have kinda being feeling like crap lately, so maybe it is just a lymph node and I'm sick.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2011