Is there something you are truely obsessive/compulsive about, to the point that it interferes with your daily life?

If you are not obsessive/compulsive, do you know someone who is. What is the object of their obsessive/compulsive behavior?

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 12:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Health

• My sister is ocd about washing her hands and wiping down doorknobs. I am ocd about thoughts in my head, some call it adhd.
    Anonymous

• This ks kind of gross...but popping pimples. If i have a zit...it will pop it & pick it until it's a scab. And then i continue to pick at it until it's left a nasty scar. I have to be so careful not to break out, because if i do...i will attack that zit until it's a friggen large wound. I know it's weird...but it's definitely OCD. Wish i could control it, but i can't. i am a severe picker....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Sewing I think about sewing most of my day, even as I am cleaning, cooking , driving, and even sleeping I am thinking about my next project.
    Andreamarie76

Answer by Andreamarie76 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My OCD gets worse with stress. Some of my symptoms are: checking locks and alarm clocks, retracing my letters when writing, having to feel "even" with everything (symmetry), washing hands, among other things. My OCD has gotten so much better since I've been with my husband. It gets worse in times of high stress, but my husband will call me out on some of them and I will force myself out of my comfort zone by not giving into the compulsions and not allowing it to take over my life.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• It doesn't interfere with my life, but I HATE having any clutter on my counters.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• No not really
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 2:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Cleaning and odd numbers!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Most of the time, I have things under control. When I have a lot of stress in my life though, I obsess over things and have to check and recheck to make sure things are unplugged, that the doors are locked and the garage door is closed when I leave the house. When I was at my last job, I was going through such a stressful time that it wasn't unusual for me to be a few minutes late to work because I had gone back to the house two or three times to check that the stove was off.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My hubby is VERY OCD with the house being clean. And thats a major understatement.
    I'm obcessive with keeping the peace in the home. I do anything and everything to keep everyone else happy, and my hubby even bitches that I dont do enough or care enough about myself. Ive actually STARTED arguements by giving him is way...LOL
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 2:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My eating disorders are considered OCD and I've had them since I was 11, so basically my entire life.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2011