32 weeks + cramping as if I am going to get my period= ??

I am having mild cramping as if I were going to get my period. I have not had this since week 7 and now I am week 32. My baby book says nothing. Is it anything to even worry about? Is it normal?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 12:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't worry. If they start getting longer or coming closer together, I would call the doc. There is a lot going on in there and you are getting ready to have a baby. Your body is practicing.

By the way, if you are still nervous in the AM, call the Doc. They will see you and check you so you can feel safe. It is their job.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:21 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• sounds like it's possibly braxton hicks.

is it more of a constant cramp (like lasts 15 minutes +) or is coming and going? if it's coming and going, are you getting more than 6 in 1 hour?

the constant ones are the braxton hicks although braxton hicks can come and go, they just won't be regular. you should not have more than 6 in 1 hour. if you are having them that often, call your doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I have had them also!..its been killing me. Luckly i have a Dr appointment tomorrow..i will tell you what i know lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• ryanlynn, lol I have my OB appointment tomorrow too. Maybe we can compare answers.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I agree with the first answer. If they come and go at regular intervals then you should call your doctor. If they are really sporatic then it's probably braxton hicks.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I got some crazy cramps a few weeks ago - I was laying on the floor of my shower letting the hot water hit my back. Drink lots of water (dehydration can lead to intense cramps), lay down and relax.. like other moms said if you feel like they are coming regularly timed or last for more then an hour - you may want to at least call your doctor. (Certainly if you see any blood or have fluid -- call your Dr) Braxton Hicks can get more noticeable later in labor, but if you're concerned in any way - its better to be safe then sorry. Good luck Momma!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:20 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• heyy im due the same day as you arent I??
    ive been having cramping also and my dr said its braxton hicks.... its irritating...isnt it? lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Kelsey, my due date was just moved up some cuz the baby is a lil big. We are still due around the same time :)
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 3:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• He said i was fine... :/ jsut drink water and rest when i can.REST really?I have a almost 2 year old AND husband to take care of lol.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2008