Once the baby is born I plan on breast feeding, this is my first attemptat breast feeding. When you start to loose the baby weight do your breasts get smaller or will they stay the same because they are filled with milk?

Motherhoodiz4me

Asked by Motherhoodiz4me at 1:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Mine stayed huge,but I only got to nurse for 2 weeks.They didnt shrink again until my milk dried up.
    s_newton86

Answer by s_newton86 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• mine were huge for a while but once the boobie got used to Jamie's eating habits they got a little smaller. Until your body gets used to when the baby eats they just stay full of milk all the time...once everything balances out they get a little smaller and the milk come down when the baby starts to eat...Just feed on demand (rough for those first couple weeks) and your supply should be great!
    Mine went back to slightly larger than normal when he stopped breastfeeding...
    afeather

Answer by afeather at 1:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• They will stay large while you're breastfeeding. However, in most cases, when you sop breastfeeding they shrink in size becoming even smaller than they were pre-pregnancy.
    hautemomma1

Answer by hautemomma1 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I gained 60ish pounds when I was pregnant. Breastfeeding helped me to lose all of it, and pretty quickly I might add...and I eat like a maniac...LOL. My breasts have stayed large while bfing, but they definitely aren't as large as when he was first born.

Your milk supply will start to adjust, and they will go down a little, but not that much. We are into our thirteenth month now, and they are still pretty large...I hope they go down after we decide to stop!

I bought a nursing bra when I was pregnant, and underestimated the size....I'd only buy one for the hospital, and wait until afterwards to buy any more...LOL. I ended up cutting mine to make the cups bigger. They look really pretty...ahah.

MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 11:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Usually they'll stay the same as long as you breastfeed.
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2008