Did your SO stay with you the whole time or did he come and go?

I am going to be having a c-section in 26days. WE have a 2yr old and a 1yr old. We have a couple friends who have said they will watch them but I dont know if we should it will be for like 3-4 days. So I was wondering if your SO stayed with you at the hospital or if he stayed with the kids and only came for a visit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine came and went. he wasn't really there a whole lot now that I think about it. I wasn't in the mood for him to be there anyways LOL. I'm a bit claustrophobic anyways so being in that tiny room with me, the baby, and him would have not worked out well if he had stayed the whole time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Our hospital kicks the dads out for several hours a day at a minimum, so mom can really rest and dad can deal with other things. If they hadn't made that a policy I personally would've kicked him out. I don't like being hovered over. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 12:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Well he would go see the kids to make sure they were ok and to bring them to see me. But I ment did he stay the night with you? I have not slept without him the hle time we have been together. He stayed with our daughter. When he wasnt at work. But this time he doesnt have to work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• He should be taking care of the other kids as much as possible. They need him more than you will since you are supposed to be resting anyway........ I can't imagine him staying 24/7 when you have other kids. If this were your first, perhaps. You will want him to have more time at time at home once you get there---so give the friends a break and take them up on the offer when you really need them!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I didn't have a c-section, but I was actually in the hospital for just over 2 days. (got there 10am Saturday, had the baby 8:30 Sunday, left 12noon Monday) He was with me the whole time, only leaving to get food, let my family in (they had a strict 2 visitor rule), and get some fresh air. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way, to be honest. But we're both a bit codependant so that's just us.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Well I know that I dont want him there 24/7!!! And I know the kids need him. I ment mainly night time. Did yours stay or go home?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Mine stayed the night. But the first night I was in labor the whole time, and the second night was our fist night with the baby. Plus the hospital gave us a double room to ourselves, so he had his own bed, AND home is over an hour away. So it just worked best for him to stay there.

If I had a c-section (as in no labor for him to coach) and we lived closer to home, I probably would have had him go back to the kids except for the first night with the baby. I wanted him there for that.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• nope, mine didn't stay the night, he didn't want to sleep in a recliner.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• With my daughter I had one night of labor which he sleep through on the bed they had there. and 3 nights of staying there he worked during the days and he stayed with me at night our son stayed with his mom.
    But like I said he doesnt have to work this time and I really would like for him to be there with me at night. And whos knows I might go into labor before the date they have set. But that isnt the point. Anyway. Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I was in the hospital for five days because I was diagnosed with preeclampsia and had to be induced ten wks. before my due date. My older son, who was 4 at the time stayed with his aunt and my husband stayed with me the whole time. I needed him there so that I wouldn't have too much time to mull over everything that could go wrong. Under normal circumstances I believe he def. would've come and gone, but I was glad to have him there.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:25 AM on Dec. 17, 2008