What is the worst thing you've ever been served as a guest at someone else's home?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 12:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Some friends of ours, were horrible cooks. She made this chicken with cheesy soup and pineapple! It was terrible!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Babybugs, that sounds so gross lol. Once out neighbors bbq chicken, it was burnt on the outside and raw on the inside.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I have a friend that is a horrible cook!! Please her heart, she tries but she really needs help!! EVERYTHING she makes is just nasty. I learned to eat before going to her house, so I can just eat a little of her food. She did finally admit that she is horrible and needed help. So I helped. She is much better, cooks simply and uses spices. For a while, we did take out when we met at her house or went out. Her poor kid thanked me from saving him from starvation.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• nothing, I take any food someone made me with gratification.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My MIL is a horrible cook, she always cooks there scalloped potatoes (out of a box too) and they are disgusting, and then she bithces ans moans that no one eats them. I love scalloped potatoes, but when we come over to her house and I see her making those, it makes me want to shoot myself
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• my moms friend had us over for dinner and she made sloppy joes well to use up left over pizza she chopped up the pizza and added it to the sloppy joes.
    my boss made meatballs that were so gross that I could not for the life of me swallow them and had to run to the bathroom to spit them out and came back eating everything else instead.
    my mil makes spaghetti using pizza sauce and at her house people have to sit at the table and clear their plate before leaving the table.
    Anonymous

• octopus
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My MIL makes a pound of bacon every morning when we visit. I'm a vegetarian so she knows I won't eat it, but she was so offended when my 2 year old wouldn't eat any, but gobbled up the fruit salad. She told me that I needed to teach him manners. I just laughed.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Raw chicken is the first thing that comes to mind.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Anchovies in a dish from Korea. They were in the flour soup. The soup tasted wonderful, but the anchovies had eyes and I was trying to figure out what were eyes and seseme seeds in the soup.
    mdswoman

Answer by mdswoman at 1:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2011