Water retention remedies

I carry alot of water and I have been so bloated that I am crabby all the time. I try to cut down on the sodium and anything else that might cause water retention. I don't have money for the DR or pills.
that over the counter stuff, Diurex water pills do nothing
what are some other ideas to get rid of all this water retention

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Health

• DrinKing more water flushes your body of water. Eat lots of produce. Less sodium. Eat bananas and raisins for potassium. Eat natural
    Diuretics like cabbage like coleslaw Or drink cranberry juice.Take vitamin A & C.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 2:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Drink lots of water to keep your body cleaning it's self. Also eat things with potassium and elemenate sodium.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 1:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• You definitely need to be drinking more water. Even though it sounds counterintuitive, the more water you drink the less you retain. Get rid of processed foods, and switch to fresh foods, especially produce, because the potassium will help balance out the sodium (your cells have sodium potassium pumps that work in tandem, so it's important to keep the two in balance).
    If you've already tried dietary changes, it might be worth spending the money on going to the doctor and having some tests run. There might be lymphatic issues going on, and it's easier to treat anything the sooner you catch it. If things get worse, it can be very dangerous.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Get off caffiene and drink lots of water!
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 4:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2011