Ummm, How do I act??

Ok, Lots of you know my mom hit my kids when she babysat them while I was working. Well, they have made it PERFECTLY clear that they do NOT want me in their lives anymore.....but now they have decided to invite themselves to my kid's Christmas program at school!! I am kinda freakin' out! I don't know how to act!! How do I behave as though I don't hate them when I really f-in' HATE THEM!!!???

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• I tried to get a RO. I wasn't granted one. :(
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:19 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I think I might have gotten a restraining order after the occurance... that way they can't just appear in the kids' lives.

But since that didn't happen, just completely ignore them. don't say hi, don't even acknowledge they are there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I agree, don't even pay any attention to them. Don't let your kids near them either. Sit back and enjoy the program, don't let it ruin your night.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:19 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• okay just act as if you've never even met them before..thats what i would do!
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 12:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I would ignore them. Make sure you sit with other people so they can't sit next to you. You could try telling them in advance that they are not welcome. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You might also speak with someone at the school to let them know there might be an issue. Some schools pass out limited tickets to make sure there's adequate seating...I don't know if that's the case for you.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• How will your kids feel about them being there? Scared? Apprehensive? I would talk to the principal. He/she should have the authority to meet them at the door & tell them they are not welcome if you request him/her to do so. They can't just walk in & take the kids without being on a parent approved list of pick-up contacts or go visit them on the property. Considering the history of the physical abuse I don't see why the principal would not honor your request. The principal would not want a possible situation of a verbal altercation at the Christmas program I would think. They don't have any legal rights to be on school grounds as they don't have custody of a registered student that attends the school. Go talk to the principal & beat em at their own little control game. Good luck !!

strongmom40

Answer by strongmom40 at 6:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2008