What would you do?

Ok I was a single woman going through a hard time cause my husband left me and is now dating my best friend. A guy was talking to me and was on and off with his baby's mama and talked to me as a friend and we hung out a few times and one night I was having a bad day he came over we got drunk ended up having sex which was not normal for me at all so please don't judge me yes I should have been smarter so no bad comments please.. and Now he gave me genital herpes type 2.. I got a random text from an unknown number saying I gave you herpes cause I screwed you while I had an outbreak.. and now it just really sucks im afraid to tell people.. I have a boyfriend who knows about my std that i have to live with for life.. because he was with me when I went to ER in a painful outbreak.. it took months for it to show up.. Im so upset but I dont want anyone knowing about it. I just can't believe people are so evil. What would you do if someone you was talking to you gave you an std?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Health

• I would take them to court and bring up the evidence because they screwed up your life and shouldn't get away with it! That and if you don't do something who says they won't do it to someone else. Sometimes we need to step out of our comfort zone and do the right thing. I know this is terrible thing to happen and I am sorry but this guy is a complete a$$hole.
    heartsicksiren

Answer by heartsicksiren at 1:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I know at least with HIV, if someone knows they have it, don't tell you, and you end up contracting it, they can be charged criminally and civilly. It seems very similar in your case...and the text proves he knew. It will cost you money and pain and suffering. I would attempt to charge him.

My bio mother has it too, and it is from her 2nd husband cheating on her and bringing it home. I wish there wasn't any shame in it, but I know there still is, and I'm sorry.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2011