Tryin to play it cool but all i want is to lay into him. more of a vent adult content

my friend strating datin this guy who has been accused of molesting another friend's child. i told my friend not a good idea cause i was sorta friends with this guy and i just had a sense something wasnt right about him. she dated him anyway then complained he was too touchy feelly to fast. i told her to break up with him, i had a bad feeling about him, she got mad at me. well this guy raped her last night, she is still in the hospital. he had called me this morning, which is not normal for him, and all i wanted to do was say look here asshole you better not find yourself alone anytime soon, but i restrained myself and acted like i didnt know what happened. my friend said let the cops handle it, but damn its hard. i just want to go to his house and put him in his place. the more i think about the more mad i get. any advice is welcome

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• She didn't listen to your warning, so this is her problem but not at all saying that rape is ever anyone's fault. If he calls you, tell him that you don't want him to call u anymore and I would even text it to him if u can. That way, u have evidence that u told him. If he continues to call, u can pursue a restraining (protective) order. This will add to his rape charges and right now, u want to show how bad of a person he is. Be smart about what u do and say and always have proof (voice recording, written evidence, witnesses, etc.) Be careful not to threaten him as he could easily make a charge against u if he's the type that plays games. Also, keep a log of what day/time he called or communicated w/u and what he said. Remember, u don't have to respond if he calls as it's a trap. U dont know what this guy is capable of so just focus on being safe & supporting your friend through this.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I curious on why someone would date a guy that has been accused of molestation to begin with?
    Anonymous

• You know my sister married a crack head and when he tried kidnapping my niece when she was only 6mos old I wanted to beat the crap out of him and almost did because the police wouldn't do anything knowing he had warrants. Finally my family and I got him to court and a restraining order and we disowned my sister for still being with him because she feels he is more important than my niece her daughter and now shes pregnant and won't go see doc. Nothing I can do but I would stop talking to the guy and as for your friend she should have took your advice and got herself into this situation and it sucks and I am sorry for her but people don't want to help themselves and see the signs in front of their noses not much you can do. Try distracting your mind and if you really want to do something make sure your friend and the police follow through because I known people to not do so and happens again.
    heartsicksiren

Answer by heartsicksiren at 1:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Let the cops handle it. Your friend won't have you to support her if you get locked up for assault.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Don't even waste your time talking to him. Focus on supporting your friend...she'll need you now more than ever.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 2:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• be there for your friend
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 2:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• You care. Of course the more you think about it the more mad you get. DON'T focus on him! Focus 100% on your friend. You'll not only give her more of your time and energies but you'll spare this man from hurting you too indirectly. Feel so bad for your friend. x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 3:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Be there for your friend, as mad as you are, putting him in his place isn't going to do anything, he needs more then that but I will keep those opinions to myself, get this guy charged & put in jail the sick bastard.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• The cops didn't handle it when we tried to file charges so we handled it ourselves. Good luck on this. Maybe she will listen to you next time. I'm really not bashing her. I just wish people would learn to listen to people before they get hurt.
    Anonymous

• Just be there for your friend and next time he calls tell him to no longer contact you. I would no ever want to talk to a child molester or a rapist.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2011