What do you do?

So my son is almost 19 months old and I'm just asking other parents what they do to there children when there in trouble like if they throw there tantrumes and everything? I'm running out of idea's here...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For tantrums at that age, I ignored them and turned my back. Also, time outs.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• First of all, you never give in to a tantrum, show him that tantrums won't work.

Answer by older at 1:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I do nothing! I have a 18 month old. I just ignore her. I don't look at her (well I do, but I don't let her see me doing so) I don't talk to her, and I walk away from her when she tries to throw herself around (I make sure there's nothing in her way though or I try to move it first). It's a phase, a long lasting phase, but I'm hoping it will be over soon enough!
    something_

Answer by something_ at 1:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Well I usually count to three and it sometimes works and if it doesn't i put him in a time out...it's worked for a while but now it doesn't seem to really bother him anymore and he just keeps it up...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Tantrums in my house get banished out of the common rooms.

My daughter has thrown WAY more tantrums than her brother. I remember a couple of times she tried to have a kicking screaming fit in the middle of the aisle (not loud, just testing reactions) of whatever store we were in. I stepped over her and kept on walking, completely ignoring the tantrum. She stopped in mid-kick, got up, and followed me, pouting the whole way, but stayed with me.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• At that age tantrums were ignored unless they became annoying and then the kid was sent to their room to scream. I'm not going to sit there and listen to it. Usually after a few minutes of screaming alone in their room they'd forget why they were mad and calm down and start playing with their toys or ask if they could come out.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Ignore tantrums, and time out for disobedience.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 8:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2011