Son can't sleep due to noise. I need some advice?

My newborn son requires naps about every 4 hours, sometimes every 3 hours. We take naps at the same time, but we get waken up by our neighbor who plays his car radio too loud. It shakes the whole house! Sometimes he sits out in his driveway and plays his radio just because he can, and I have to deal with my son being fussy!

We've asked him nicely if he could turn his car radio down, but he refuses, and he was quite rude about it. We were also told that the police won't due anything until a certain time at night. My son and I haven't had a peaceful sleep in a long time and my husband and I are so fed up! What should we do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Other than move, I have no advice.

Answer by older at 2:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Go get your own radio/player and get an extention cord, set it on your step or in window facing him, and BLARE mozart or opera!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Put a box fan in your room and turn in on high. It will help curb some of the noise.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• hire someone to steal his car, then strip the stereo.. JK
    Have you actually talked to the police or is it just something you heard from someone else? Because that should be considered disturbing the peace, no matter what time of day. In my area you can get ticketed for having your stereo up too loud, unnecessary honking, and you shouldn't be able to hear music from your house while on the street. So I would actually call the police, or look into local laws. GL

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• theres nothing u really can do if he refuses 2 turn in down. some people just have no respect 4 others.
    ciaras_mom_05

Answer by ciaras_mom_05 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• It should be considered disturbing the peace and he can get a big fine for it. If you live in an apartment complex or a house that is part of a HOA, they will do something about it too if reported.

Our neighbor on Fort Lewis was like that and the MPs just kept giving them warnings because his Dad was some high ranking officer. So, we thought "two can play this game" and blasted Johnny Cash songs and some old down home country with bangos and everything. lol He came over yelling at us that about our "redneck shit." We told him that if he never blasted another rap song or shook our house, then we would never make him listen to country. :) Not the most civil or adult way of doing things, but hey it worked!
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• OMG I would be super pissed off I am sure you are not the only neighbour annoyed. I would suggest a white noise cd & play it in the room there are different sounds like the ocean, birds chirping, or even a fan as suggested above may help a little. If he keeps up with the loud music I would definitely put in some kind of complaint & be persistent. What a big jerk.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Oh ya when you & your baby are up early right when you are aloud to make LOUD noise outside like 7am weekends?get your hubby out there weedwacking for a couple hours, pay backs are great! hee,hee....
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I agree with a previous poster. Get a shelf fan or a sound machine to drown out the neighbors noise. They really work well.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Call the cops, that worked for me.
    TashaStar81

Answer by TashaStar81 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011