Babies with gastroschisis?

I found out during my 4 or 5 months that he has gastro. I was devestating and all I can do is blame myself. Wondering what caused this and what did i do to give it to him, he don't deserve this. My baby is healthy, he just has a small boo boo on his tummy. I already met the pediatrician surgeon and just what really bothers me that he wont be able to eat untill he is well recovered (can take up to weeks and months). ANy moms out there who went thru it? Please support. I am feeling a bit better because of the support im having from other websites.

Thanks :)

xMizMom2Bx

Asked by xMizMom2Bx at 2:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• hugsI'm sending you hugs prayingand prayers.  My nephew who is due in October has a hole in his diaphragm and has other issues.  Hope everything goes well.  God bless. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My nephew had gastroschisis. He is now a very happy and healthy well adjusted 4 year old. He has a scar on his tummy, but as he gets older and grows around it, you can't really tell. He was feed via a tube into his heart pumping fat because he was low birth weight. That was not the gastro. My sister in law also had low amniotic fluid and a lot of other problems and had to be monitored at the childrens hospital from 5 months on. Had she not had additional problems in her pregnancy, the doctors say they would have simply had more visits and done a scheduled c section so that everything was ready for the surgery and everything. They baby was very healthy despite his low birth weight and the surgery. Her daughter she had a year later was also low birth weight, she had low fluid again and was put on at home bed rest. However, my niece didn't have gastro or any other problems.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011