Quick, safe, legal ways to make some extra money without start up costs?

We have hit a rough patch, encountered some unexpected bills recently and are not really making ends meet. And before I get crap about maintaining my internet, I will say that both my husband and my son do online school (college and high school) so I kind of need that. We eliminated our cable completely, cut our grocery budget down really far and have no real luxuries. We have the car paid off, and we have cell phones, but we don't have a land line and my husband's cell is paid for by his work because he is required to have one. In any case, I have a few bills delinquent subject to shut off. Most of them are willing to work with us, but two of them say it has to be paid by the due date or they are shutting us off. So what I need are some suggestions to handle all of our bills without having to go without things like natural gas and water.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• Try babysitting
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 2:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Also, you can sell anything on eBay.  It's quick and it's easy.  If you are looking for other ideas, I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You are more than welcome to read through my blog if you'd like at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Have you looked into usertesting.com You review sites for $10 each...great company. They pay weekly via paypal. I'm selling a product called Skinny Fiber...if you want more info just message me!
    Samie8183

Answer by Samie8183 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Simplegpt, chacha
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 5:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Samie8183, I just visited the site, how do you go about reviewing the sites?
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Have you tried Beyond Mothers at www.beyondmothers.com? You can search for Jobs and view Work at Home opportunities.
    Singlemomma555

Answer by Singlemomma555 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Hi there!

I was in your same situation not too long ago. I am a single mother of 2 young children and after their father and I broke up abruptly I was desperate to make additional money, which turned into a full time home based business. It only costs $10 to get started...

It truly has changed the lives my children and I...

If you're interested in it you can send me a message here, or at gkyomig@gmail.com

If I don't hear from you, Goodluck and I will keep you and your family in my prayers! :-)
    Kyomi

Answer by Kyomi at 9:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2011